Tuesday 24 February 2015

THE SNOW GLOBE

...AND I'M BACK :) 

I was browsing the amazon bookstore for more new titles,when this cover suddenly caught my eye.It took me back to my childhood when I was given a small snow globe as a gift and I was so fascinated that I used to spend hours just looking at it and shaking it up.So when I saw this book,I wanted to know what it was about.

This story starts with Kiley Gray wandering into an  antique shop and spotting a snow globe.The antique dealer tells her the story behind it.Turns out,the snow globe is a not just an ordinary one but has the power to lead you to a happy place by fulfilling your desires and changing lives for the better.Since the family it originally belonged to has just one last survivor,she has given it away to this antique shop with the hope that it would reach the person who needs it most.Kiley and her friends Suzanne and Allison lead different lives and have different hopes and aspirations but they all need a miracle.Is the snowglobe truly magical?and does it change their lives for the better is what this story is all about.

My Views:Honestly,this is a holiday read.A time when miracles seem possible and there is general mirth,good-will and cheer all around.I tried to see if I could re-create the magical experience again even though we are almost at the end of February.I couldnt make myself love this book all that much.I am turning into the GRINCH!! :(

I thought Kiley's character was very shallow, she clearly believed in miracles and didnt think twice before taking a major leap of faith.Suzanne was selfish and presumptuous and Allison didnt manage to tug at my heartsrings either.I thought all of them were rather silly.I still loved the Snowglobe though.It was fun to imagine something like that but I wanted to snatch it and give it to someone who truly deserved it rather than these three women.Sorry if im being mean,but February does that to me and there was something about the characters that ticked me off.Also it was oh-so-predictable!The ending was very abrupt.It seemed like an untidily and hastily wrapped gift which you open only to find something you dont like.

Anyway....if you love holiday books,miracles and need something light to spend your time,go ahead and pick this one up.I still recommend that it should be read during Christmas,with magic in the air around you.It would have been better if I had read it in December ,when anything would have seemed possible.

I rate it a 2 and a half out of 5.The half is for the Snow Globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment