Friday 25 December 2015

THE BIBLIOPHILE'S CORNER IS TWO YEARS OLD!




It feels good to come back here and it has been two years since I created this space.Considering that I hardly ever persist with anything and give up too easily,this is indeed a feat!I never cease to amaze myself.
I know this blog is a bit unconventional and it doesnt really follow a standard format for the reviews.But thats the whole point of it.I write what I feel,how I feel,after Ive finished reading a book and I write almost immediately after having finished reading it ,so that nothing is ever an afterthought.

I was supposed to write another one today but im just half way through.Im going through something akin to a book slump,I have been reading but not as much as I would have liked to,but its December,its forgivable.

I have no idea if this blog has managed to connect to anyone out there but im hoping it has.I still havent found fellow bibliophiles along this journey but im sure ,someday I will.But largely this blog was about my journey with books and it will continue to be so.Did you know Bram Stoker dreamed up his Dracula all because of some crab salad?!Apparently he had eaten some rotten crab and contracted food poisoning.Between bouts of sickness he had his first dreams about the lord of the vampires and that marked the end of his creative slump.Is there some remedy for a reading slump?

Thats alright,I guess,I just have to wait.Everyone cant be like Bram Stoker!Getting rid of slumps just like that over food poisoning and dreaming up bestsellers!The rest of us do the best with what we have.

Its Christmas and even Im not feeling grouchy!Wasnt that a positive way to look at things?!

Im signing off with Hopes and Dreams of being a better person,doing better,reading more.
And wishing this coming year is even more fabulous for all of us.Merry Christmas!!

The Bibliophile






No comments:

Post a Comment