Sunday 31 August 2014

DORK




Did I mention that..im a huge fan of books and have quite a neat little collection myself?!.The last weekend after cursing the interminable Summer heat for the millionth time I decided to distract myself by reading something new.I feel I just cant pick up any book ,at any time of the day and read it.The setting has to be just right.

Its not like the monsoon when its pouring outside and you have this neat little gallery space open to let in the cool breeze with the amazing smell of wet earth,the bed and comforter ready and a steaming hot cup of chocolate.Now in this setting I can read any book,without prior contemplation.

This time however,it was a hot ,muggy afternoon with soaring temperatures.So it would have to be a light read.So I picked up DORK......and the rest as they say is ....History.I couldnt have been more pleased with myself for choosing right!

It is a fantastic book,totally hilarious and a mood-lifter.It tells the story of this bungling management graduate Robin 'Einstein' Varghese and how he manages to get in the most weird of situations and how efficiently he gets out of them.I read the book over the afternoon and it left me with a good feeling.Very few books can do that.Moreover even the ending couldnt have been more perfect.

Ive heard its the first book in a trilogy so now I will most certainely be reading DORK 2 and 3.Sidin Vadukut has written this book to much acclaim.He is a blogger too and blogs at http://www.whatay.com .So if you chance upon this book do not give it a miss.Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment